Information / Personal Data we collect
Personal data is any information that concerns αn individual person and whose identity can be verified by them (such as name, ID number, home address, etc.). In particular, data relating to health, nationality, political beliefs, religion, sexual preferences, financial status or information relating to any offenses or convictions constitute a specific category of data and belong to “sensitive personal data”.
When you register with our Company as a customer, you immediately register with our information system and your personal file is opened. Your file may include personal information such as:
(a) Contact details: name / surname, home address, telephone number and mobile, e-mail,
(b) Identification details: copy of identity card or passport (for third countries only), date of birth, gender, nationality, VAT ID, Social Security number, ID number;
(c) Lists of personal items and household items
During the client’s residence survey, we may become aware of information regarding sensitive personal data, such as client’s particularities, religious or political beliefs, sexual preferences. This kind of sensitive information is not recorded anywhere in any of our company documents, nor is it disclosed to any unauthorized external third party.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 9 § 2 (a) of EP 679/2016 since the customer as a data subject has explicitly consented to the processing of this personal data for one or more specific purposes.
The way to collect the above information is done by the customer:
- A) through e-mail
B) through fax, or
C) through telephone
- D) residence survey visit
Note: It is important to inform our Company if any of your personal information changes. The accuracy and truthfulness of your recorded personal data is always based upon the client or to the person who has the legal right to act on his / her behalf.
Why we collect your personal information:
The reasons for collecting, storing and processing your personal data are:
- To enable the Company to provide you with the best possible services, based on: a) the contractual agreement with you, b) our legitimate interest in providing household transportation services.
• To share or send information to the shipping companies and airlines in order to monitor the proper execution of thetransportation of your shipment
• For accounting and tax purposes (as part of our legal obligation)
• For the proper training and training of our staff
At this point we would like to inform you about the rights you have, according to the law:
- You have the rightat any timeto revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data.
• You have the right to request a copy of your personal data and documents we hold in our information systems. After reviewing your request, you will be provided with a copy of your personal documents. [Note: Under current law, you may be charged a low administration fee (management costs) to cover the cost of providing you with the information you requested in the event of a repeat request for a copy of your personal data]
• You have the right at any time to request a permanent and irrevocable deletion of all data or to request the limitation, if permitted by applicable law, of the processing of your personal data that we hold in our systems and to oppose any automated decision-making we may use. Wherever you have consented to us sending you promotional and marketing offers, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a request to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right at any time to request the correction of your personal data we hold on our systems if you believe we have inaccurateor wrong data, unless there is good reason for not doing so,keeping you however informed.
• You have the right to request the transfer (portability) of your personal data that we hold in our systems to another Organization, either in Greece or abroad.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that we hold on our systems, wherever this is possible.
• You have the right at any time to make a complaint to the Personal Protection Authority, 1-3 Kifisias Ave. 115 23, Athens. Contact phone: 210-6475600, email: email@example.com
In case you request any of your rights and in order to ensure that your personal data is protected, it is our standard policy to verify the exact details of your identity before processing the request.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
To make sure you receive the services you need, we may share your relevant personal information with other organizations that act on our behalf and process your personal information in accordance with the instructions they receive from us and fully comply with this privacy statement, their data protection laws and any other appropriate measures of confidentiality and security.
The organizations and / or individuals to whom information is disclosed are the following:
- Bookers,[send them by email, customer contact information, address, name and household details for export. We receive from them, via email, the survey report – autopsy containing customer home data] and the Household Goods Descriptive Inventory
• Customs brokers [we send them the completed customs documents and we receive from them the confirmation that the customs clearance – receipt of VAT, and customer car details]
• Shipping companies [we send them name, delivery address, email, passport number, shipping order. We receive from them a document for validation to issue the bill of lading]. We enter through the electronic system of shipping companies
• Airlines [send them name, delivery address, email, passport number. We receive from them a document for validation for the bill of lading] via email
• Partner shipping companies [Customer Contact Details, Full Name], via email
• Insurance companies [We give them the inventory list for insurance – client name. We get the client’s insurance policy]
• Our Information Systems Support Company
• Courier companies
• Quality Certification Bodies such as FIDI, ISO inspectors
• Judicial and prosecutorial authorities
We will not use or transfer your information to third parties outside our Company without your consent. However, there are times when we may need to disclose your information without your consent. This will only happen when we are legally obliged to do so or when the Law Authorities require us to do so, in order to protect you or others.
Such cases include:
- When a formal court or prosecutor’s decision has been issued or when sharing information with the police can prevent a crime.
• When we need to safeguard the legal interests of our Company (e.g.collecting our claims through third parties, such as lawyers)Duration storage of your personal data
We keep your files with your personal information for ten (10) years for tax purposes. After that period the data will be destroyed. In case you consent your data to be used for sending marketing material to you, we will retain this data until you request us to withdraw your consent by sending a request to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Consequences of Failure to Provide Your Data?
You are not required to provide your personal information. However, as these elements are necessary for us to provide you with the best possible services, without them we will not be able to respond adequately, safely and offer quality service with the handling of your household shipment.
In our Company we take all precautionary measures to protect and safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or destruction and we have created various levels of security measures such as: role-based access management, surveillance cameras, security and alarm systems, fire protection systems, strong password codes, network security measures, incident management procedures, etc.
Confidentiality of your information:
All Company employees and external partners have signed a Confidentiality Statement and have a legal obligation to safeguard your sensitive personal data in accordance with our Company’s guidelines and policies. All our staff have received clear instructions and specialized training on how to handle confidential personal information and data.
Contact Person Data Protection Contact Details:
To submit suggestions, objections, or complaints about the processing of your personal data, you may contact the Company’s Data Officer. In addition, you can contact us if you wish to ask the right of access to your personal data. If incorrect information is stored – despite all our efforts to maintain correct and up-to-date data – we will correct it at your request.
Data Processor Elements:
Address: Attica Movers SA
19 Syngrou Ave.
All requests must be sent in writing. Under current law, they must respond within thirty (30) days. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, for any reason, by posting revisions to this website or applications. These changes will apply during posting, but will not apply retroactively.
Last modified on 25/09/2019